Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A day in the life of a couponer

Wow, It's almost the end of the day for me and with all this shopping I am pooped! I started my day at 6:00 am, getting up and getting the kids ready for school. After dropping the kiddos off to school, I hit up Walgreens, about 7:30ish. I did 2 transactions there and head over to another Walgreens to finish the 4 remaining transaction an hour later.
At 9:30am, I returned home to cook my hubby bfast, pack his lunch and send him off to work. I cleaned a little, read up on a few blogs, including the Totally Target blog, got my 2 year old ready to go with me shopping, and after eating, I hit Target around Noon. After picking up my free Excedrin, I was really just leisurely browsing around at Target to see what kind of sales they had going on. I also wanted to see if they still had Garnier Shampoo & Conditioner on clearance for $1.48 because I ordered more coupons, and they should be in tomorrow. (Hey, it's a good stock-up price, at $0.48 ea. after coupons! Where else can you find Shamp & Cond for that price?)
After Target, I drove to the kids school to pick them up, and while waiting there, I used that time to clip all those coupons I had printed the day before. I brought the kids home, helped them with homework, fed them, and got ready for my Walmart trip.
I went to Walmart around 4:30 and came home to finish the day. I've unpacked all my groceries, (but not before taking pics for the blog), sat down and wrote on my blog to share everything I know about couponing. I'm really happy that I get to share this with you, (don't you love the internet?) and happy that I can help my family save money.

I know that couponing sounds very time consuming, and you're right, it is - AT FIRST. Being a Stay-at-home mom, means that I have more time than a working mom, (well, that's up for debate, depending on who you're speaking to), but anyways, that's why I'm so excited to share what I know with you. My objective is to do all the work, and to keep it simple. When you get the hang of it, it will take less and less time, and you will be all on your own. You'll probably move on to those really professional coupon blogs where everything has lingo that you can't understand (mumbo jumbo), and lists everything in the world that is on special. Would you believe that I subscribe to about 15 different blogs? I want to get ALL the information I can, and I know you don't have that kind of time and well, I'm still learning too, so I may not bring you ALL the info, but I try to keep it simple, because frankly, too much info is very intimidating!

Lastly, when it comes to family finances, I believe that it is far more effective to use less money than it is to try and figure out how to make more money (and doesn't that usually mean more time away from home?). What good is it to make more, when most likely, you will just spend more anyways?

Here's to a good day! - and week!
 - Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment